From the beginning, Banamex maintains the commitment to preserve and promote the values of Mexican culture, which has been reflected in the promotion of art and the creation of the first cultural foundation in Mexico by a financial institution in 1971: Fomento Cultural Banamex, A.C.
This institution holds its main offices at the Iturbide Palace, a property from the Vice royalty period which has been used as Banamex Culture Palace since 2004.
Contribute to invest on the cultural development of the country, with the following objectives:
• Foster our history research and artistic heritage.
• Draw near the mexican and international cultural scope for high quality projects.
• Develop projects and programs that enhance our identity.
• Co attaches the rescue and conservation of our historical, architectonic and artistic heritage..
• Be a detonating fuse of commitment of the Grupo Financiero Banamex with education, culture and mexican traditions.
We count with six big programs or structured lines of action in coordinations that work for the common objectives of the institution.
• Expositions in the Palacio de Cultura Banamex and national level.
• Great Masters of Popular Art.
• Expositions and international projects.
• Restorate and conservate.
• Educative services.