Guarantee Your Children’s Future With Their First Account
Mi Cuenta is a product to encourage financial literacy in your children, that besides paying yields, it also protects them with Futuro Escolar Seguro which guarantees an economic support in the event of their parents’ death.
You can make programmed deposits from your Perfiles or Maestra account to your children’s account. It does not require a minimum average monthly balance nor does it charge any fees for checking your balance and withdrawing cash at ATM Banamex.
Your children’s money is always available at any Banamex Automatic Teller and if they lose their card, with Secure Debit their account is protected for up to 48 h prior to the report, covering up to $10,000.
Plus, your children receive their own Account Statement, just like grown ups do.
View our TAI (Total Annual Income)
Banamex offers you an attractive economic support focused on your children’s needs, which is provided in the case of the death of the assured legal representative, father, mother or tutor, and until they reach 17 years and 11 months of age.
To qualify for this insurance, you only need to make sure that the account’s minimum average balance is $5,000. This is why it is important that you know your balance and try to keep it above the minimum, as the monthly payment is calculated based on the average balance of the three months prior to the request.
The monthly payments increase progressively according to the age of the child and the school year they are in. Likewise, it is possible to guarantee the control of the amount as is deposited monthly in Mi Cuenta.
- Conclude the corresponding contract.
- Make an initial deposit of $300.
- Be younger than 12 years of age.
- Child’s birth certificate or passport.
- Parent or Guardian’s official Identification: IFE Voting Card, Instituto Nacional de Personas Adultas Mayores (INAPAM) or Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social (IMSS) id card, military service card, professional license or passport.
- Proof of address: if the address on the voter card is different from the one listed in the contract, please include one of the following: utilities receipt, property tax receipt or phone bill, current within the previous 3 months.
- For foreigners, valid paperwork includes: FFM, FM2, FM3, FMVL, FMTF, FMN, FMVC, any documentation issued by Secretaria de Relaciones Exteriores that certifies the legal stay of a foreigner in the country (VISA).
1 Terms and conditions apply.