The Easiest Way To Handle Your Money
Cuenta Base is the general public and payroll basic account that is mentioned in article 48 bis 2 of the Ley de Instituciones de Credito (Law of Credit Institutions), that allows you to have your money always available and that does not charge any fees.
With Cuenta Base you have all the following services:
- Opening and maintaining of the account.
- Granting of a Debit Card and its replacement in case of wear or renovation.
- Deposits to the account by any means.
- Balance inquiry and cash withdrawal at Banamex branches and Automatic Tellers.
- Payment of goods and services.
- Direct debit of services payment.
- Account Cancellation.
- Access to exclusive Banamex pre-sales.
- Up to 10 beneficiaries.
- BancaNet, Audiomático and App Banamex.
Your Debit Card is accepted in thousands of establishments in all the country, making it easy to make purchases without the risk of carrying cash. You can also receive your payroll in your Cuenta Base.
- Conclude the corresponding contract.
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Official Identification: IFE voting card, INAPAM (Instituto Nacional de las Personas Adultas Mayores) card, IMSS (Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social) affiliate id, military service card, professional license or passport.
- If the address on the id is different from the one listed in the contract, please include one of the following proof of address: utilities receipt, property tax receipt or phone bill, current within the previous 3 months.
- For Foreigners: FFM, FM2, FM3, FMVL, FMTF, FMN, FMVC, or any documentation issued by Secretaria de Relaciones Exteriores that certifies the legal stay of a foreigner in the country (VISA).